Current Situation of the Mein Schiff Fleet
We sincerely ask for your support.
As you know, the current situation has worsened in recent days. Therefore, it is unfortunately no longer possible for us to offer our usual service. During the weekend, we received over 60,000 phone calls and more than 2,000 emails every day. Additionally, we are facing the challenge of shutdown local day-care centres, kindergardens and schools. As a result, we are no longer able to answer the numerous inquiries on all channels in a timely manner.
For this reason, we have decided to bundle all inquiries in one communication channel and will discontinue our telephone services from today on. This gives us the opportunity to deal with the accumulated volume of requests professionally via email.
Guests who have booked one of the canceled cruises can change their booking until 30.04.2020 to an alternative cruise of their choice:
- 10 % discount on a new cruise including flights
- Applies to all cruises from our current catalogues.
- The booking number of the canceled cruise serves as reference.
- Payments, which have already been conducted, will be transferred 100 % to the new booking; any difference will be refunded.
- Please place a new booking (if possible, an option).
- The special offer (10 % discount) only applies to new bookings and cannot be used for an already existing booking.
To support us in the best possible way, please send an email with one of the following subject lines to: [email protected]
- Umbuchungsauftrag Mein Schiff X (if the guest has booked a new cruise with 10 % discount)
- Stornoauftrag Mein Schiff X (if the guest wants a refund of the canceled cruise)
- Rückfrage Mein Schiff X (in case you have any question regarding the procedure)
(X = please insert the ship’s name of the canceled cruise here)
We would like to give your customers the maximum amount of time to decide on an alternative cruise. Therefore, we offer them to choose from our various cruises until 30.04.2020. In case your customers do not find a suitable alternative, please let us know. We will then cancel the booking and refund the total amount according to the payment method specified in the booking. If you do not contact us until 30.04.2020, we will automatically cancel the booking free of charge. The same applies to all on board services booked via “Meine Reise”. Please note that the refund process might take us a few days of time.
Furthermore, we would like to ask you to send only inquiries regarding the canceled cruises at this point of time. On our website you will find daily updated information as well as an overview of all canceled cruises.
Many thanks for your support and your understanding. Together we will be able to handle this challenging situation.